Monday 19 November 2012

Drugstore solutions: Beauty Formulas Deep Cleansing Facial Wipes review

 I use facial wipes to remove fall out from under my eyes cause I don't really think covering the mess under my eyes with tons of concealers does the trick. 
I bought Beauty Formulas Cleansing Wipes with this purpose in mind but one day I thought I'd change my eye make-up without removing my mascara etc. I just wanted to wipe my eyeshadow from my lid, but it was impossible to do so with these wipes. They simply don't work. I could have used water instead. I can't imagine removing all my make-up, including waterproof mascara. 

I think the problem of these wipes is that they are meant for oily skin and therefore deprived of any oils as cleansing agents.  They don't run smoothly along the skin, but feel a bit harsh, not because of the texture of the wipe itself but because of the liquid they're soaked in, which reminded me very much of a micellar solution. 

These wipes were hopeless at removing eye make-up, and left my undereye area dried out but they were pleasantly refreshing when used all over my face, on warm, humid days in particular. 

To conclude, I can't say that my opinion about these wipes is negative top to bottom. They are a nice refreshment for oily skin, but I wouldn't depend on them as make-up removers.





Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment