Sunday 18 November 2012

November in Poland

beach in Rzucewo

Autumn has been surprisingly mild this year. At least some consolation after this year's summerless summer. For over a month we've been surrounded by omnipresent gloom which makes all yellows, reds and browns of the season look dark and rotten. But at least the temperatures are relatively high and autumn storms seem to have forgotten about us here. 

For some reason unknown my organism doesn't protest much when woken up at 6.30 every pitch black morning. Feels like I've finally accepted the routine which totally violates my life cycle. I also feel pretty powerful and keep my autumn spleen at bay. Adam, my friend, says it's because the end of the world is coming and we have no time to waste.

For the past couple of days the boys have been ill, so I took a sick leave to stay with them. It turned out to be a great opportunity for me to recharge my batteries. These days may be described as an ongoing party with Kuba, my younger son Adam and me as the only participants.
All three of us watched Wes Anderson's Moonrise Kingdom which is definitely the best film I've seen this year. Delightful! 
  
  Everyone's talking Christmas and I don't feel the atmosphere at all. I've reached an autumnal plateau and I'm comfortable with that. I enjoy having nothing to anticipate or look forward to. Nothing to plan or organize. 

The only thing I regret is that we stopped making sightseeing or Geocaching trips this year. Kuba travels a lot for his work and prefers to stay at home at weekends. I, on the other hand, often work on Saturdays and Sundays, which makes it impossible for us to arrange anything. But I hate us turning into couch potatoes and seeing that the TV's on more and more often.   





Pictures by my fabulous Hubby. If you're curious about what he does click here or here! And thumbs up, if you like it!
shrine in Rzucewo

No comments:

Post a Comment