Sunday 2 December 2012

Dior Diorific Lipstick in Lady (039) review

Dior Diorific Lipsticks are red vintage-style lipsticks released within Dior Grand Bal collection for Holiday 2012.
I found all four of them truly irresistible but I had to make my choices and having considered the fact that I already have plenty of bright reds I'm not brave enough to wear, I finally went for Diva, which is a muted variation of coral red. It turned out to be really pretty on my lips but I believe it's this rare instance of red which suits all skin tones, goes well with all kinds of make-up and is appropriate all day long.
This lipstick boasts gold vintage packaging, although I must say it's not all that vintage cause I remember having something like 15 years ago a Dior lip gloss which looked very similar. 
Nonetheless, the packaging is very pretty and classy and screams Christmas to me.
Lady is what I call a proper lipstick.
It isn't matte.
It isn't sheer.
It isn't glossy.
It isn't particularly moisturising.
It isn't drying.
It isn't particularly long-wearing.
It doesn't stain my lips.
It doesn't have a modern magnetic or click-open packaging.
It's not liquid.
It isn't a 2-in-1 or 3-in-1 kind of product.

But it very definitely is A LIPSTICK!


This is the sort of lipstick I believe Marylin used to wear. It's very creamy and opaque, this is the lipstick that can be blotted, powdered and reapplied to prolong wear time. This lipstick fades evenly without leaving the innermost part of your lips pinkish white and lingering on the edges in a very clumsy way. This lipstick smells like lipstick, I'm not sure if you know what I mean cause the typical smell of the oils used for the production of lip products has been suppressed with artificial fragrance, mint etc. we no longer remember this true smell. 


I feel that whatever I have written here in my clumsy way does not express how much I love the product. 
I simply adore the packaging, the shade, the rich creaminess, the consistency and the way it wears. If I had more money I'd definitely grab every single one of these truly Diorific lipsticks before they're gone forever!



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

2 comments: