Sunday 16 December 2012

Garnier Ultra Lift 2-in-1 Anti-Ageing Eye Cream review

I stumbled across the Garnier Ultra Lift eye cream when browsing Rossman drugstore shelves. I always thought Ultra Lift line was meant for women twice as old as I am but to my surprise I discovered I'm just approaching the bottom threshold. Being an eye cream fanatic I decided to give this one a go.

The cream is a 2-in-1 kind of product which combines a serum and an eye cream. Inside the bottle you can see a DNA-like spiral of interweaving strands of  the serum and the cream. Looks very scientific and actually quite pretty. The pump picks up both substances at the same time and which comes out of the jar in sheer and opaque mini-stripes.

My first impression of the cream wasn't very favourable. My undereye area felt very tense immediately after the application. This kind of discomfort usually is not only my subjective feeling but the area under my eyes looks horribly dry and starts to wrinkle. So I rushed to the mirror to see that this area actually looked quite nice. Perhaps this tense feeling was the lifting effect. As I continued using the cream the discomfort subsided and I must say the cream proved to be really decent. 

Garnier Ultra Lift Eye Cream + Serum is highly moisturising but non-greasy. It absorbs quickly and therefore can be used under make-up. What I liked about it is that it didn't leave my eye area dry like many creams do.

As for a drug store product it was rather expensive, but still it cost only a fraction of a price of any high-end creams. It's not my Holy Grail but I feel it's a decent product which I'm sure I'll return to one day.





Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.



No comments:

Post a Comment