Monday 31 December 2012

Sephora nailpolish in I'm a rich girl (no.75) review


I'm not a huge fan of gold nails but on New Year's night you can't go wrong with golds, can you?
We're actually staying in this year, minding the kids, which does not mean I can't look festive tonight.

Being unsure about gold on my nails I decided to get something cheap in case it was one-night-only thing and  so I picked Sephora nailpolish in "I'm a rich girl" which with 30% off discount was as cheap as cheap can be.
The Sephora nailpolish bottles are very pretty but 5ml only but it's just enough for me. Most of my polishes get wasted because they dry out before I can actually use them up.

This is my first Sephora nail polish so imagine my surprise at the quality of the product. I thought it would be something cheap and fancy to play around and discard when no longer needed. The quality of the polish is amazing. The brush it's equipped with is very unique. It's flat, thick and stiff, rounded at the tip. Remimded me of beaver's tail even though a beaver's tail is actually bald. The brush is so wide that it covers the nail in 2 strokes and you don't need to fan it out. The rounded edge fits in the cuticle crescent perfectly. The formula was on a thick side thanks to which the polish didn't flood my cuticles during the most careless application under the influence of our Xmas gin.
The shade is a kind of cool-toned gold (sounds oxymoronic, doesn't it?) with lots of frosty, metallic shimmer. It was very opaque, I got full, streak-free coverage in 2 coats. Then I added one coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri and the result is awesome.

It seems to me that my affair with Sephora nail polish has just began. The variety of shades is amazing, you can test them on your nails before you buy them, the quality equals that of other, more renowned  brands and they're fairly inexpensive. What else do I need?




    
Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.



No comments:

Post a Comment