Sunday 13 January 2013

Clarins Mineral Eyeshadows in Taupe (08) and Dark Chocolate (13) review


Clarins is one of the brands I really like and respect but somehow I don't have many products by them.
Having read a number of enthusiastic reviews of their wet and dry mineral eyeshadows I decided to experiment with these.
I go two of these eyeshadows: no 08 (Taupe) and 13 (Dark Chocolate). The names are absolutely appropriate and self-explanatory.

Taupe is rather light, neutral-toned taupe which leans neither warm nor cool, neither gold nor purple, neither gray nor orange. Very pretty and suit-all kind of shade. As far as pigmentation is concerned this eyeshadow will give you a sheer wash of colour instead of something quite opaque. But you can always build up the colour by applying it wet. And actually this is one of the things I like the eyeshadow for.  In the pan it looks like it's got pearl finish but in reality it's almost matte but not flat. It'd describe the finish as satin.
Compared to many high quality eyeshadows in my collection which tend to be almost creamy, this one seems dry, yet when you touch it with a brush there's no crumbling, powderiness etc. No particle is released apart from those that land on the brush. There's also no fall out. I wear all my eyeshadows over primers and when used that way Clarins eyeshadow will last all day.


Dark Chocolate is a very pretty dark brown, which is more pigmented and has more sheen than the taupe one and there are also tiny tiny micro-particles of shimmer which are barely visible in the swatches not to mention when applied on my lids. 
Whatever I've said about the Taupe applies to the Dark Chocolate one so I won't repeat it.
What needs to be mentioned is that they come in gorgeous gold cases with a mirror. Simple and classy. 

Overall, they are an amazing product and I definitely need to get a couple more, Slate and Aubergine being on top of my list. 






Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment