Saturday 12 January 2013

Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara review

I got Clinique ...... mascara only because one of the lovely ladies at Douglas persuaded me to. Another decisive factor was that due to some kind of promotion it cost less than a half of any Loreal mascara price.

The mascara is a double ended product which comes with a lash building primer and a lash doubling mascara.
The primer is a white substance which prepares the lashes for the application of the mascara. I have an impression that it actually adds length to my lashes. It dries quickly and once dry it is still flexible, in no way resembles a dried out crust.

The mascara is fairly liquidy, but when applied over the primer it dries fast. It's not the most volumising mascara ever, but I must say it separates the lashes nicely and it's buildable without clumping, gluing the lashes together or weighing them down. The mascara is not waterproof, but it's highly smudgeproof and doesn't crumble even after my long afternoon naps.
The applicator is of the most standard, classic conical type, but it works fine.

However, the combo works so well only when used together. Once, for the lack of time, I applied the mascara without the primer and I deply regretted it afterwards. The wet mascara left marks all over my lids and smudged, ruining my make-up.

Overall it's a very good buy for $10, the only disadvantage is that the application is somewhat time-consuming.



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment