Sunday 6 January 2013

Affordable make-up: NYX Ultra Pearl Mania eyeshadows in Mocha and Walnut review

NYX Ultra Pearl Mania eyeshadows in Mocha (left) and Walnut (right)

I bought the NYX Pearl Mania loose eyeshadows partly out of curiosity, partly because they were really cheap and partly because I needed somethong to top up my order and receive free shipping. I picked 2 shades:  Mocha and Walnut. 

Both shades are ery pigmented and have extremely frosty or even metallic finish. They are super finely milled and apply smoothly and blend very well, though you need to tap off your brush well, otherwise you'll get masses of fallout. 

They come in nonsensical packaging which is tiny jars with narrow necks. Although I was able to put the smallest of my brushes inside and pick the product, I preferred to dispense the product into a more convenient container (eye lens case to be specific).


Mocha is a white coffee kind of beige, rather cool-toned and slightly taupey. Prettier than I expected. Looks perfect on some darker base. 
Walnut surprised me with its shade. Looking at other bloggers' swatches I concluded it would be much darker and cooler-toned. In fact it's a mid-toned golden brown. In some lights it even looks like old gold. I use it as an all-over-the-lid colour, darkened in the crease with a black shadow. Very pretty!


I think I'll get a couple more of these little jars and they didn't disappoint me a bit. I'm particularly interested in the shade Black Pearl, which seems quite unique to me.

NYX Ultra Pearl Mania eyeshadows in Mocha (left) and Walnut (right)
Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment