Monday 25 February 2013

Barry M Dazzle Dust in Oyster Grey #89 review and swatches


The only reason why I bought this Dazzle Dust by Barry M was to top up my Amazon order with something cheap and get free shipping.
At first, after swatching, I thought meh and lost interest. Sheer muddy pink. That's all.


I'd hoped the shade to be gray-based duochrome and indeed it is. The trouble is that the taupeish gray base is quite sheer and the pink hue plays a more dominant part than I expected. I believe pink-lovers will find it gorgeous, whereas I just wanted a greige with a twist.

Some time later I suddenly felt an urge and determination top make it work. 
I applied it over Maybelline Color Tattoo in Permanent Taupe and it looked amazing! The taupe-graige base brought to the daylight all the depth and complexity of Barry M Dazzle Dust in Oyster Gray. I just added a hint of charcoal gray in the outer corner and a dark gray liner along the lashline. Beautiful! Greige eye with a softer twist! I love duochromes, I love Oyster Grey!



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.


2 comments:

  1. Can u explain how to use maybelline taupe tattoo as a base?? I own it I have no idea how to use it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, I just apply quite a sheer coat of the color tattoo and then an eyeshadow of my choice on top. I have very oily lids so color tattoos tend to crease on my lids but once I set them with a powder eyeshadow they're amazing!

      Delete