Monday 4 February 2013

Dior Diorshow New Look Mascara review

I didn't initially intend to get a mascara by Dior but what persuaded me to do so was the artful assistant at Sephora and the fact that it was sold together with a freebie: a gorgeous minature palette of Dior 5-couleur eyeshadows.
The eyeshadows deserve a separate review, today I'll focus on mascara only.

I didn't even have a look at the applicator while in the shop so I was quite surprised to see a rubber brush which I'm a sworn enemy of. Not having much choice I decided to try it out. 
I have mixed feelings about this mascara but I mostly like it so let me start from the advantages.

1. I must admit that the mascara makes my lashes look amazing. It curls them and volumises in one coat. I don't wear false lashes but I love loads of volume and this mascara gives me what I want.

2. I couldn't find any info about whether this mascara is waterproof or not. From my observation I'd say it is. Once it sets it will not budge. No smudging, no flaking.

3. The packaging is really pretty and luxurious.  


The advantages unfortunately turn out to be the drawbacks.

1. I've never had such an irremovable mascara. Taking this thing off is a tedious process which involves using a number of solutions, pads, wipes and what not. I rinse it off millions of times, dig it out with q-tips and in the morning I still wake-up with panda eyes.

2. Waterproof formula is not always an oilproof one. While rain and tears do not affect this mascara's performance, oily skin does. If I do not set my under eyes concealer with a lot of powder I'll get an unwanted smoky there. I actually don't use it on my bottom lashes at all cause I don't want to worry whether it smudges or not. I use a bottom lash mascara instead.

3. The formula is sort of gloopy. One coat is just enough. Adding one more coat may result in glueing the lashes without the possibility of separating them afterwards.


The bottom line is: I'll use this mascara up with pleasure but I definitely won't repurchase. Getting it thogether with the eyeshadows was a great deal nonetheless! 



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.



No comments:

Post a Comment