Sunday 24 February 2013

L'Oreal Color Infallible eyeshadows in Endless Chocolat (012), Bottomless Jawa (800) and Bronzed Taupe review


L'Oreal Color Infallible in Endless Chocolat/ Bottomless Java

Here comes the last set of L'Oreal color Infallible eyeshadows that I've got (at least for the time being) and this simultaneously is the set that I like the least although I thought these would be my favourites out of the whole bunch.
My reservations are connected with my personal feelings about the shades, not with the quality of the eyeshadows themselves.

L'Oreal Color Infallible in Endless Chocolat/ Bottomless Java

First I need to explain the presence of these two browns in my stash. Due to a nasty trick played on me by the marketers of L'Oreal I ordered from e-bay a shade I'd already had, not knowing that the same shades receive different names in the States. So, as you might have already guessed the sequence of double pictures is a comparative study of the same shade. These eyeshadows look different because the photos were taken in different rooms, at different times of the day and in different lighting conditions, but trust me, they are very much the same. A friend of mine is about to get one of them and I believe it'll suit her complexion and taste fine.

L'Oreal Color Infallible in Endless Chocolat/ Bottomless Java

The other reason for my disappointment is that in the swatches, both on-line and in the shop, the shade looked much cooler than it is in reality. I have cool-toned skin and warm browns look kind of orange on my lids and it's really hard to make them work for me. I find it hard to pair them with anything except black and generally tend to avoid them. It's a real pity cause the shade is so pretty on its own. It looks quite similar to NYX Pearl Mania eyeshadow in Walnut (just less frosty).

L'Oreal Color Infallible in Endless Chocolat/ Bottomless Java





L'Oreal Color Infallible in Bronzed Taupe
I was more than excited to get the Bronzed Taupe as my love for taupes is immense. However, one taupe does not equal another and in this case the shade, gorgeous as it is, was disappointing for me.

L'Oreal Color Infallible in Bronzed Taupe

The eyeshadow looks and performs as well as the others do and I have absolutely no reservations about the product itself. The thing is that it's not the best match for my fair, cool-toned skin. And also it's super frosty finish would look way better on someone younger than me.

L'Oreal Color Infallible in Bronzed Taupe

True to its name, the shade is taupe with warm bronze undertones. Very pretty, but I tend to look washed out wearing this shade. What's more, in its metallic frostiness it looks kind of flaky on my lids. This is the issue which I often have with frosty eyheshadows (eg. Sleek Bad Girl palette and other Sleek eyeshadows). I tend to blame my age for that but actually frosty eyeshadows have looked bad on my lids ever since I can remember. No frosty finishes for me! But apart from this, Bronzed Taupe is absolutely gorgeous! 

L'Oreal Color Infallible in Bronzed Taupe


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment