Friday 15 February 2013

Nivea Lip Butter Vanilla & Macadamia review

Today I'd like to tell you about my new love for a type of product I usually ignore.

I'm not a lip balm kind of person. The only balm I bought last year was one by Carmex, which I hated. There's another one I got in one of my Glossyboxes. Cracked lips aren't generally my issue, and instead of balms I often wear moisturising lipsticks.  


I can't explain what exactly got into me and why I got this lip butter from Nivea. I'd seen one Youtuber rave about it but this normally isn't enough to persuade me to buy a lip balm. I suppose the packaging and the variety of fragrances appealed to me most. 


Nivea Lip Butter comes in a small and pretty tin. Out of a wide variety of fragrances available I picked Vanilla& Macadamia cause it seemed a kind of safe option. Upon opening the tin releases a gorgeous strong vanilla smell, which makes me feel pleasure even before I apply the balm. 
The lip butter itself is a product which differs very much from other lip balms I've used so far.
The consistency is fairly hard, but it melts under the warmth of my fingers.
I apply a very thin coat which is more than enough to offer my lips the comfort and moisture they need.  
I keep this lip butter in my bedside table drawer and use it before sleep. My lips are soo soft and smooth when I wake up in the morning!


I had two issues with my Carmex lip balm (apart from my general negative attitude to this product). One was that after initial boost of moisture and complete absorbtion of the product my lips felt drier than before, the other one was that when I used the product before sleep it somehow migrated into my mouth. None of these issues occured when using Nivea Lip Butter.


Nivea Lip Butter has one obvious disadvantage, resulting from the packaging. While I enjoy keeping it in the bedside table drawer and reaching for it at night, I'd never carry it in my bag only to poke my dirty fingers in the butter and run all these bacteria along my lips and then search in vain for a tissue to wipe my finger and end up smearing it on my jeans. 

It looks like differently fragranced lip butters have different properties. I'm definitely going to see for myself if all of them work equally well. I love my Vanilla & Macadamia one and I feel there's still place in my heart for raspberry, strawberry, toffee and a couple more.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.




No comments:

Post a Comment