Thursday 14 February 2013

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Candy apple review & swatches


I didn't expect to love this product so much. Whenever I approached these in Douglas store out the whopping variety 6 shades available in Poland only the sheerest ones remained on the shelf and scared me successfully away with their lip-balmy look.
When I saw a more dynamic red I immediately grabbed it and took home with me.


Candy Apple is not the best shade for my cool-toned complexion. On my lips it looks more true coral than apple red and I'm sure when I get some tan it'll be suit my skin tone better. For the time being I wear it all the time at home for my own (and hubby's) pleasure and I'm enjoying every aspect of it.

It's smooth, it's creamy, it's balmy, it's glossy and the shade is so opaque and surprisingly long-lasting and fades so eavenly that Revlon lip butter is quickly becoming one of my favourite lip products ever. I'm tempted to compare it to my Chanel Rouge Coco Shine but it's even more balmy, opaque and shiny. 

I don't quite like the packaging. The quilted red plastic does not appeal to my taste at all. But it works, opens easily, closes tightly and there's a clear window on the top, through which you can see the shade (helped me a lot cause, as usual, the tester was lost or stolen).

I really like the drugstore price and would be absolutely willing to get one more in Velvet Red, which seems so beautiful to me but that would involve ordering it on ebay and paying double due to high shipping charges. I'm not sure if it's worth it. Perhaps later.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment