Saturday 23 March 2013

Benefit Fake up Concealer in Light review


I didn't intend to buy this concealer at all. I'm not a concealer fan at all. They all tend to crease or look cakey or just smudge my make-up. I just had a glance at Benefit Fake Up out of curiosity, blended it on the back of my hand and fell in love instantly. It looked so satiny and evened out any imperfections surprisingly well so I thought it'd do a great job concealing redness under my eyes.


What is so special about this concealer?
Well, it looks very much like my very first lipstick which had moisturising core, just in this case this is the other way round. The concealer is enveloped in vitamin infused moisturising balm. It melts upon contact with skin and blends perfectly well.
It's easy to guess that this concealer doesn't dry my undereye area, which is my main issue with concealers. It's concealing power is surprisingly good, you wouldn't expect  that much from a product which is 70% balm, not concealer.
Even more surprisingly, this product doesn't crease, settle in my fine lines, migrate anywhere etc. Incredible, considering how creamy it is. Moreover, it feels very lightweight. 



The shade range is limited to 3 shades, which doesn't bother me cause light is a perfect match for me. It's a beautiful light beige shade which leans neither yellow nor pink. I'm sure this shade will match a variety of fair skin tones, mine is NW20.

Although I've been raving madly about this product so far, it doesn't mean it's free of flaws, the major one being the fact that it dissolves all my mascaras, even the most waterproof ones. To counteract the greasiness of the concealer I need to pack on a lot of setting powder under my eyes, which in turn makes my make-up look heavy and accentuates wrinkles.
It took me weeks of experimentation and I figured out the perfect solution: first dab the undereye area with a sponge wedge to remove excess product and then dust lightly but evenly with Rimmel Stay Matte powder using my Inglot 6SS brush. This worked out for me, but I suppose everyone will need to find their way of dealing with this product.

To conclude, I'd like to say that although it's not my holy grail at all, it's a very decent product and I'll use it up for sure.




Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment