Tuesday 26 March 2013

Chanel Illusion D'Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow in #91 Apparition review



Words cannot express how much I love all those hybrid eyeshadows available from such brands as Chanel, Armani and L'Oreal.
That's why I was super excited to spot this little beauty by Chanel.

Apparition is the most gorgeous shade of navy blue. It's dark and cool-toned, but never leans black. There's also a sort of golden sheen to it, nothing too obvious but it makes this shade more dimensional.

The texture is semi-creamy, sponge-like, that is why it is best to apply this eyeshadow with a finger or sponge-tip applicator or, if you're desperate to use a brush, with a synthetic flat brush.
You don't need to hurry with blending cause this product doesn't really set, but I feel that the best blending method, if you want to avoid pulling at your lids, is to simply tap a sheer amount with your ring finger.




Now on to some drawbacks of the product, cause it's not without its flaws.

This eyeshadow tends to crease if not used over a primer.
I'm not sure how it'll perform in a couple of months' time. Basing on my experience with these eyeshadows I can say that they age differently. Illusoire hardened, but it remained very easy to use. Mirifique turned kind of gooey and produces a lot of chunky, crumbly fallout. Similar, yet less spongey, eyeshadows by Armani and L'Oreal seem unaffected by the passage of time.
and finally, this shadow is not the easiest to apply and blend. You need to take your time learning which method works best for you.



And finally: my favourite look created using this eyeshadow.
I like to pair it with Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in Illusoire and a blue liner and blue mascara.





Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment