Thursday 28 March 2013

Chanel Quadra Eye Shadow in #41 Fascination review


When I saw this Chanel quad in Fascination I felt mesmerised by the selection of shades, which just spoke my name. I've had many Chanel eyeshadows in my life, but this is my first baked eyeshadow quad by this brand. The quad comes in a black velvet pouch with Chanel logo to protect this classy and simple case. There are also 2 sponge tip applicators, which of course are useless and every reasonable person, except me, would discard them in the first place.


This palette is a combination of teals and grays.
In the top left corner there is a gorgeous bright teal, almost turquoise with shimmer.
In the top right one, we will find a very pale gray or white with strong gray undertones. Satin finish. Not the most pigmented shadow in history. Can be used as a base shadow all over, but certainly this is not your browbone highlighter due to its gray cast.
In the bottom left corner sits dark gray with satin finish, not the most unique of colours, but certainly very pretty. Pigmentation is excellent on this one.
And the last one, in the bottom right is blackened teal with satin finish and good pigmentation.



I absolutely adore the shades and the way they apply and blend but unfortunately me and teals don't really go together. My make up in teal looks either sad and gloomy or when I try to bring more life to it with the turquoise shade my make-up looks kind of cheap and tacky and so eighties.
So, it took me a while to make this palette work for me. 
I use it with NYX matte taupe eyeshadow as a transition colour which tones down the turquoise tones and adds depth to the colour.


My personal dissatisfaction with how these shadows look on me is a very subjective disadvantage. But the quality of these eyeshadows is an objective one. They crease within 5 hours of use over a very good primer and in spite of reapplication and blending anew things only get worse. I have oily lids, but since I started using primers none of my shadows, both high-end and drugstore, have creased. I even managed to forget bout my problems with creasing. I am quite surprised as this is quite unexpected when dealing with such a brand. 

All in all, what I want to say is that I don't regret buying this palette cause it's very pretty and unique, but it made me draw a conclusion: no more teals and no more Chanel baked eyeshadows for me.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.



No comments:

Post a Comment