Tuesday 5 March 2013

Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips cream eyeliner for blue eyes review

For the past couple of years I've been seriously obsessed with gel liners. I really love them for their pigmentation, lasting power and the ease of use. 
When I heard of the Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips liners (not a new product by any means) I knew I just had to have them.
These eyeliners come in lovely, customized trios which are composed to match different eye colours. I picked the blue eyes set to try them out and now I know my collection of these liners is going to grow. 

The liners come in little cubes which can be stacked like Lego blocks or kept separately. The packaging is really cute with metallic cap, which suggests the eye colour for which the liner is meant and clear, crystal-like base. There's also a small and very handy brush attached to the set. 

The actual content of the product in the jar is relatively small, but that's all right cause I'll never be able to use  them up before they get dry. 

All three liners are very soft and creamy, they are decently pigmented , apply very smoothly and last all day. In time they get a bit harder, but this doesn't affect their performance at all. 


The shades that the blue set consists of are: bright navy blue, black with shimmer and brown.


The blue liner is on the borderline between royal blue and navy. It's quite bright and doesn't lean towards black. It's nicely pigmented so a line drawn with this eyeshadow looks very definitely blue.

The black shade contains gorgeous blue shimmer or even glitter, unfortunately it's barely perceptible once it is applied. It's a very nice black liner, but nothing terribly unique.


The brown one is hard to describe. Sometines it looks bronze to me, sometimes taupe and sometimes I notice khaki tones in it. I love to wear it over neutrals to make a soft line that blends well with the eyeshadows.


To conclude I'd like to say that this product has only advantages for me. I like it for the shades, performance, duration, packaging, design, formula and price.

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

2 comments:

  1. Woww they all look so nice.... Good review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these! The blue one is sooo pretty, and the brown one is gorgeous as well.

      Delete