Friday 29 March 2013

Sephora Ultra Vinyl Lip Pencil in Fancy Red (02) review


I've said it before and I'll say it again: I love Sephora brand products. They are high quality, affordable and represent the newest trends in make-up.
From the wide selection of products I've recently picked the Ultra Vinyl Lip Pencil in Fancy Red. 
Similar produducts are also available from such brands as Urban Decay , Nars or NYX (and many others I suppose).


The shade is very pretty cool-toned sparkly red with slight fuchsia undertones. I love this shade madly. It suits my complexion well and its bopld and daring, just how I like it.
It's sheen is incredible, first of all due to its creamy vinyl finish, secondly due to the micro sparkle, not to be mistaken with glitter.



Unfortunately this pencil turns out to be very difficult to wear.
It's very soft and melts on my lips, which makes even application impossible. And with such a pigmented dark shade every flaw is visible.
This is also the first lip product which feathers on my lips. I dread to think how messy it will become in the summer heat. Taking it on holiday is not recommended. 
Although the lip pencil is very pigmented the saying a little goes a long way is of no use here cause as the product melts on my lips it gets used up at enormous speed.  

But on the other hand, most of these issues can be combated simply by using a lip pencil. 
On the bright side, the lip pencil is very moisturising in its creaminess. It feels like a balm on my lips.

To sum up, I really love the shade, which I find pretty unique. The wear time is decent and it fades evenly. Unfortunately it's not as easy to wear as I expected.



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment