Sunday 21 April 2013

Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous foundation #832 review


Today I'm going to review a foundation which has received an enormous number of enthusiastic reviews which have encouraged me to get this one from overseas. 
I don't remember such consistent raving voices about any make up product.  All reviewers stressed its coverage, matte finish, lasting power packaging and price.
I do agree with most of opinions, though I feel I could add something more to these reviews. I like this foundation very much, but  it's not without any reservations.

This foundation, being a drugstore one, is affordable. I paid $13 for it on e-bay, but I know you can get it for about $10. It comes in a glass bottle with a pump. The packaging is nice, nothing really pretty and imaginative but looks good and is very practical. 

This foundation is marketed as a 3 in 1 product which means primer, foundation and concealer in one. Well, the texture of the foundation does not reveal any smoothness or pore perfecting properties of a primer and it's not as full-coverage as a concealer. It's too drying to be used under my eyes so I never tried applying it there.

The shade I bought is 832 which is not a perfect match for me. The shade is a kind of peachy beige which is too dark and yellow for my complexion after winter. I believe it also oxidises slightly cause the colour match looks much better at the moment of application than a couple of hours later. However, now that I'm going to get some tan and I've started using self-tanner on my neck and body the colour match seems much better. I'm NW20 in winter for reference.

  

The foundation itself is not the easiest one to use. The consistency is quite thick and it tends to dry out quickly so you need to work really fast to avoid streaks. I like to work on a part of my face at a time using a flat top brush or a wet sponge. Then I use a clean sponge to remove any excess product and take away the shine.

I saw some girls on Youtube applying 3 pumps pf the product, which made me open my eyes wide cause it may look good on camera but in real life anything more than one pump and a half looks like plaster on the face.

I would describe the coverage as medium. I don't like the term buildable. Of course you can always keep on loading make-up on your face but it always looks heavy. I define coverage by what you get with one coat on your face and in case of this Covergirl foundation it's really good. I don't have much to hide apart from the horrible redness on my jawline so this foundation suits me fine.
What's more, in spite of the coverage it gives, the foundation feels wightless on my skin, almost like I'm not wearing a foundation at all, which is rare among mattifying foundations of such coverage.

Now that I mentioned its mattifying effect I feel I need to say a couple of words about its finish. It looks velvety matte on my oily skin but I'm absolutely sure it will accentuate any dry patches if you have any. This matte effect lasted on my skin longer than average and although shine appears on the oiliest parts of my face i.e. my forehead and my chin, my skin still feels dry to touch. It looks more glowy tham oily, but certainly not matte.  

In spite of getting not keeping my face matte all day it seems to be one of the most long-lasting foundations. I notice some minor fading or migration towards my pores but it does last all day long. This foundation performs much better than many high-end ones in my possession. 

All in all, this is one of the best foundations I've used, though I wish it was easier to apply and buff in. I am planning to get another one hoping to find a perfect colour match.
Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment