Friday 24 May 2013

Korean goodies: Skinfood Blanc Pearl Caviar Premium Kit review




When browsing through Skinfood skincare products I came across this little set of miniature products. I like these sets very much as they give you the chance to test a number of products for more than a week before deciding whether you'd like their full-size versions or not.


Blanc Pearl Caviar line of skincare products targets dull skin with the power of white 
pearls and caviar. It promotes bright and luminous skin while preventing wrinkles.
This is a rich and luxurious line of products. Both the mini-products and the full-size ones look both gorgeous and expensive. The prices at which these products retail vary from $35-$43 depending on a product and a seller.
This line of products definitely targets drier skin types. I have oily skin but I don't suffer from acne and hardly anything breaks me out so I like to use more moisturising and richer skincare at night time, while using lightweight mattifying moisturisers in the morning. I found that even though these products weren' meant for my skin type, they worked amazingly well as part of my nighttime regime.
All of these have a very pleasant rosy scent which reminds me of Bulgaria rose oil I had in my primary school days and which was considered an example of bad taste in perfume and which I seem to enjoy very much these days. 

So, let's take a look at each of these products individually:

The toner belongs to this uniquely Asian, or perhaps Korean only categories of toners which are not meant to wipe off the residue of make-up after its removal nor to exfoliate gently. These toners are meant to be slapped all over the face without wiping them off. They are closer to liquidy moisturisers than to Western toners, and Blanc Pearl Caviar Toner is no exception in that matter.  This is a white liquid which preps my face for further skincare to be applied.


This emulsion is impossible to get out if this container. Luckily the full-size bottle is sold with a pump, otherwise I would discourage everyone from getting this. I ended up digging this out of its bottle with a cotton swab. This emulsion is highly moisturising and, to be honest, using just the emulsion satisfies my skin's need for water. It's lightweight, has a thick gel consistency, applies easily and absorbs quickly.


The cream is the thickest cream I've ever used,  but to my big surprise it didn't feel heavy on my skin at all. I wouldn't say it melts upon contact with my skin but it does apply very smoothly and makes my skin feel so supple and soft. I was worried it would leave tons of greasy residue on my skin and my pillow but this cream absorbs very quickly and leaves my face glowy but not greasy.


All in all this is an excellent line of products for dry or ageing skin. I would even consider getting the emulsion or the cream if they weren't on the pricey side. I believe I can find something cheaper and better suited to my skin needs.  



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment