Wednesday 1 May 2013

NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder Loose review

Oh, how I love all these white loose powders! I've tried a couple of them (eg. by ELF, MUFE and Skinfood) and loved each single one dearly.
NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder Loose is no exception, though it's somewhat different from the other translucent white powders I've used.
The packaging is a pretty standard container with a rubbery-feeling black screw top and NARS logo imprinted on it. Inside there is a plastic sifter which distributed the product nicely without sending clouds of powder in all directions. There's no puff included, which is a pity. But NARS is generally a kind of mean brand which doesn't splurge on gadgets for users. No pumps, brushes, applicators, puffs or pouches. 

You can read below what this product claims to be and do:


Whatever you can learn from the leaflet attached to the product is absolutely true. This powder is lightweight and almost invisible on the skin but the results are immediately seen. The skin is smooth and even, pores and fine lines disappear. My oily skin looks beautifully matte. This much can be said about the other powders mentioned earlier, but there are number of differences which make me believe that NARS is the best one out of this set.

First of all, NARS is enriched with light relflecting particles which make my face both matte and glowy. 
It's mattifying but non-drying so I'm sure it will feel comfortable for those with dry skin as well as the oilier types like me.
This powder sets my foundations well and prolongs its wear time substantially. Keeps my oilies at bay for a long part of the day.
Gives the most natural finish out of the four mentioned in this review, it leaves the least white cast on my face, I suppose it's also the shearest one.

There's no fragrance to the product and it contains no sunscreen.


This powder is and excellent buy, I'm planning to get also the pressed version for touch-up during the day, but it somehow disappeared from all retailers websites, including NARS Europe. I wonder whether it has already been discontiniued or perhaps it's just out of stock. 



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment