Sunday 5 May 2013

NYX Matte Finish setting spray review


Having oily skin means constant search for things that would keep shine at bay. I've tried out a number of primers, creams, powders, foundations which perform better or worse and there came the time to test a mattifying spray. 
I picked NYX Matte Finish spray cause I saw a favourable review of this product, calling it a dupe of a similar, but more expensive product by Urban Decay, so when Cherry Culture offered all NYX products with 20% off I thought that was the best moment to give this a try.

I must say I don't quite like this product. 
Firstly, I doubt whether it works at all. It does make my face feel uncomfortably tense and dry at the moment of application but I don't think it keeps my oilies at bay. 
What is more it smells horrible. It's not a cosmetic smell at all, it smells of vinegar, which makes me worry about my skin and contact with eyes. 
And finally, the pump distributes large drops of liquid, which you are advised to blot out with a tissue.This always makes me fear my mascara will smudge or eyeliner will run. I would very much prefer a sort of mist to cover my face in an even yet sheer and lightweight veil.

I'll probably use this up as I don't like to throw things away but surely I'll never repurchase. This experience has also made me wonder whether similar products by Skindinavia or Urban Decay are any better or they may be simply a waste of much higher sums of money.




Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.





2 comments:

  1. Oops I was about to order this setting spray .. Thanks for saving my money :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. actually the experience with this setting spray made me wonder whether such products aren't just gimmicks. I'm sure moisturising mists do really work. Anyway, this stff smells horrible and I cannot imagine anyone enjoying it!

      Delete