Saturday 4 May 2013

Spring make up craze

Last week or so we experienced a couple of sunny and slightly warmer days which made me reach for brighter shades in make-up. Now the temperatures have dropped again to something about 10 degrees and made me return to my nudes and neutrals. Anyway, I thought I'd do a post about my spring favourites instead of April favourites cause these are the products I was reaching for most often.



I love wearing all sorts of purples and lavender violets in spring. Above you can see my absolute favourites, old and new: Shiseido cream eyeshadow #H6 (discontinued but replaced with a very similar shade in the new line), Catrice Absolute Eye Color in I Wanna Be a Royal, MAC Noir Plum (that was a limited edition I suppose), Rimmel Scandaleyes eye pencil in Purple (I really love these pencils, my review is coming up soon), Urban Decay 24/7 eye pencil in Lust, Maybelline Color Tattoo in Endless Purple and L'Oreal Color Infallible eyeshadow in Metallic Lilac.

Below you can see one of my purple looks created mainly using the Cartice eyeshadow duo.


Apart from purples I also felt drawn towards aquatic and denim blues. 

I really loved all sorts of combinations using Sephora Jumbo Pencil in Marine, Shiseido cream eyeshadow BL711, Maybelline Color Tattoo in Electric Blue, Rimmel Scandaleyes eye pencils in Bright Blue and Turquoise, MAC ppigments in Cornflower and Naval Blue.

On my lips I used all sorts of brights, NYX  Mega Shine lip gloss in African Queen, Milani Color Statement lipstick in Cherry Crave, Illamasqua lipstick in Blaze and YSL lip varnish #8 are just a couple of examples.


My blushes leaned towards oranges and corals like MAC Style, Warmth of Coral (limited edition) or Crew (limited edition again) but I also used some warm pinks like Burberry Peony.



My nails reflected my springtime moods as well. Clockwise from 9 o'clock: Inglot O2M #699, Wet n Wild in Buffy the Violet Slayer, Zoya in Sooki, OPI in Are We There Yet?, Essie Meet Me at Sunset and OPI in Danke-Shiny Red


No comments:

Post a Comment