Saturday 22 June 2013

Korean goodies: Dr Jart+ Rejuvenating BB cream Silver Label review


Over the past year or so I've been obsessed with BB creams and I've tried heaps of them, sometimes samples, sometimes full-size products but somehow never had an opportunity to use anything by Dr.Jart+. Recently I've come across a couple of reviews claiming that the Silver Label one was meant for oily skin, what's more it was available, apart from the full-sized versions, in a 10ml tube, which was affordable and gave me the opportunity to see whether I liked the thing or not.  


I must admit that the packaging was my love at first sight. It's true that it looks a bit like a product for men, but who cares as long as it's pretty and appeals to my personal taste. It's matte black with silver print. Very minimalistic. However, obviously this travel-size packaging differs from the original one.  

As far as the substance inside is concerned, this is pretty much a typical Asian BB cream. It's thick so the best method to apply is to dot it all over the face and then spread evenly out with your fingers. It's one of the most buildable BBcreams/foundations I've seen, each layer added coverage without creating a mask or cakeing.
This BB cream feels rather heavy on the face and offers semi-matre finish, feels even kind of dry. It seems well suited for oily skin at first, but then it disappoints. I feel it does nothing as far as oil control is concerned. even more, I have a feeling that it somehow stimulates sebum production. My face gets unpleasantly shiny within about two hours in cold weatherand since then I need to blot blot blot and blot. 
In spite of poor oil control this BB cream lasted at least 8 hours on me with some minor fading in the oiliest areas.
The shade of this BB cream is one of the most unflattering muddy greiges which gives my face a kind of zombie look at first, but it adjusts itself to my skin tone as much as possible and with some use of powder, blush and bronzer I can achieve passable results.
The coverage is pretty high and as I've already said buildable.
As far as colour transfer is concerned, this BB cream sticks to my mobile phone like crazy, probably because of its poor oil control. I notice the same thing about many other Korean BB creams I've got.

I liked this BB cream a lot when I first got it, then I started noticing its disadvantages. I think that the formula is kind of dated, since the first BB creams appeared on the market they have evolved a lot. I think this BB cream would have satisfied me fully a couple of years ago, while now I expect something more.

EDIT: This BB Cream makes a PERFECT UNDEREYE CONCEALER. It's neither too emolient nor too dry. Being so buildable it offers a decent coverage without caking or looking weird. even the tone seems all right. And above all it has SPF35 which is unheard of among eye care products. It doesn't produce any allergic reactions (on my skin). I've relocated this product and now it occupies my concealer drawer.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment