Sunday 9 June 2013

The Body Shop Tea Tree Clearing Toner review


This review is long overdue. I could actually turn it into an empties post if I were doing any cause by the time I got round to writing the review I've already used this thing up.

I believe that thanks to the everyday use of this toner (together with other non-oily make-up removers) I managed to get rid of the occassional blemishes which bothered me a couple of months before.

This toner is an alcohol-based product which contains white willow bark (hence the sediment on the bottom), lemon tea tree oil and tea tree oil. It's meant to remove traces of make-up in the evening and to mattify in the morning.

I didn't quite like the product in the beginning cause it took a good couple of shakes to lift the sediment from the bottom of the bottle. However, when the bottle was less full than in the beginning this became a much easier job.

I think many people may hate this product  for having alcolol denat. as the second ingredient. This may irritate sensitive skin and cause redness. Moreover, I believe some may find the fragrance too strong although it's most probably the smell of the tea tree oil cause no fragrance is listed among the ingredients.

I personally love this toner and I'm planning to repurchase. I found it refreshing, it helped me mattify my skin before I applied foundation, smells nice and above all, it helped me get rid of any blemishes I used to have. I also liked the packaging, which is the iconic plastic bottle of The Body Shop but it's perfect in its simplicity. It's easy to fling the cap open and the little opening at the top distributes the right amount of product.

A 250ml bottle lasted for approximately 3 months of daily use.



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment