Thursday 27 June 2013

Toni &Guy Men Styling Fibre Casual Everyday Texture review



I know that this styling fibre is for men. However, the lady in the shop said the main differences are the smell and the fact that this is meant for shorter types of  hair so I grabbed it to add texture to my hair.

And indeed, this cream texturises my hair very well, it even enhances curls on my hair. It also helps to lift my hair at the roots. The smell is not too strong and I'd describe it more as unisex rather than deodorant for men on my head. 

The main disadvantage of this product is that it's thick and heavy. Feels unpleasant on my fingers and is quite difficult to spread. This paste will weigh your hair down if you use it excessively and also if your hair is too long for this kind of product.
I have dry hair, so I don't notice this on my own hair, but I'm sure it may make oily hair look greasy.
This kind of product definitely needs to be used in moderation, just to add hair some texture and lift, otherwise it may turn to your hair's enemy instead of a friend.

Toni &Guy Styling Fibre is sold in two sizes out of which I picked the smaller one. This little tin jar has lasted for a good couple of months of daily use and there's still some of the product left. The packaging looks good, it's small and compact, travel-friendly and doesn't occupy too much bathroom space.

 I won't repurchase immediately but I'll consider getting this again if I don't find anything better.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

2 comments:

  1. Could you be more specific about the smell of the product? Like is it somewhat that of an Aftershave or it is something like Vanilla or Fruity ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More aftershave-like, but I don't think my hair smelled like I was using cologne .

      Delete