Thursday 25 July 2013

Catrice Ultimate Nail Lacquer #27 The Pinky And The Brain review


Catrice Ultimate Nail Lacquer #27 The Pinky And The Brain

I don't normally lean towards pinks of any kind, yet, for the second time in a row, when summer comes I feel a sudden urge to get something pink. This year I actually craved for a kind of raspberry pink with purple undertones, saw one within the Skinffod range, but didn't wish to spend that much money on something that was a temporary folly.
When I was browsing through Catrice 50% off discounted items I saw a bottle of pink polish which seemed to fulfil my expectations.


In the photos The Pinky And The Brain looks much more milky and less bright, slight purple undertones are also more there in real life.
The formula is pretty dense and opaque. One coat gave fully opaque coverage but I added one more coat to even out any imperfections. The polish wore for a couple of days without chipping. 
I would generally say that the polish is a good way to satisfy an unreasonable urgent crave without wasting too much money, if it hadn't been for the fact that the cap cracked when closing during the third use, and now it's impossible to close tightly. The picture below shows the weird angle at which it closes now.
I won't purchase any more Catrice nail polished because of the crappy packaging. 




Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment