Friday 5 July 2013

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer in Light review


Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer is one of the best concealers I've used in my life and it's drugstore! 
Strangely enough, this Maybelline line of concealers is unavailable in Poland, while the age Rewind foundation is, so I had to order it online from the US. I actually quite like the fact cause the American drugstore products are always seales tightly and I know that nobody has been tampering with what 'm going to put on my face. 90% of Polish drugstore items are open for everyone to see and I usually get lipsticks that have already been swatched or even used. Ugh! 


This concealer comes in a plastic container with a fluffy kind of applicator which is supposed to be anti-bacterial. Just twist the top of the container and some product is released onto the applicator which you dab under your eye area. Then just pat the concealer with your finger to distribute the product eavenly.


The concealer is surprisingly well-pigmented. It feels so light and never settles into the fine lines under my eyes. It's moisturising and doesn't cause dryness, yet it doesn't look oily and interfere with my mascara and makes my eye area look really good.
The shade I picked is Light, which matches most of my foundations well, a lighter shade could be more brightening, though. 


This concealer would be perfect if it contained some SPF. I'm currently obsessed with sun protection for my undereye area and in the summer I tend to reach for products with sunscreen like my Dior BB eye more often. When I retreat to my indoor lifestyle I'm sure this will be my favourite.



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment