Monday 29 July 2013

The Balm Instain blush in Lace review

The Balm Instain blush in Lace

I won't deny I got The Balm Instain blush because of the packaging. I'm a sucker for such cute cardboard boxes with look a bit like a minature book. However, the blush itself doesn't disappoint!

The Balm Instain blush in Lace

Instain blushes  are powder blushes which promise to stain the cheeks and last all day long. And they do. At least the one I own.
The Balm Instain blush in Lace

Lace is a madly vibrant pink shade. It's totally matte and the texture is rather hard. I mean, the brush doesn't kick up clouds of pink dust, it rather picks the amount required without messing everything up. I really like how this shade looks on my cool-toned complexion.

The Balm Instain blush in Lace

The pigmentation is insane. You really need to be careful not to end up looking like a clown. The way of application which works best for me is not only to tap off the excess, but to swirl the brush on my wrist first, before touching my cheeks. Also I tend to use soft fluffy brushes with sparse bristles, and if I use too much I blend everything out with a large kabuki brush which I normally use to apply powder.

The Balm Instain blush in Lace

With the blush being sooo pigmented I really see no possibility of anyone using this one up, even if this was the only blush in one's possession. 
Actually, this pigmentation is the only issue I have with this blush. I think too much pigmentation makes a blush quite difficult to work with. Perhaps this staining formula requires hyper pigmentation. 

If you like spending time blending out blushes or if vibrant cheek colour is what you're after, this one is a godsend for you. I love it a lot for the shade, lasting power and the packaging and I find myself reaching for it rather often.

The Balm Instain blush in Lace

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.



No comments:

Post a Comment