Wednesday 28 August 2013

Affordable beauty: Catrice Absolute Eye Color eyeshadow in Carbon Bleu review

Catrice Absolute Eye Color eyeshadow in Carbon Bleu

This is probably the cheapest make-up item in my collection. Catrice is generally a cheap brand, but they have a constant turnover of stock. No products seem to be permanent in their lines. This refers especially to eyeshadows which are regularly discontinued and sold at discount prices. This particular one cost roughly $1.

While in the shop I fell in love with the most unique shade of Carbon Bleu. I thought it was denim blue but in fact it's more of a blueish gray. The name would suggest a blackened blue kind of shade, but it's not that dark.
I would describe the finish as matte with silver microshimmer.



Catrice Absolute Eye Color eyeshadow in Carbon Bleu

This is not the best eyeshadow in history but it's quite decent. It's nicely pigmented and the colour is easy to build. I use this in my outer corner for some definition, it blends well to create a smoky effect.
My major regret about this eyeshadow is that it's quite dry. This is somewhat characteristic of matte sparkle finishes in general, yet  I would like it much more it it was a bit more creamy.

When used over a primer and a base the eyeshadow lasted all day without creasing or fading.

For $1 I think this has made an excellent addition to my eyeshadow collection.

Catrice Absolute Eye Color eyeshadow in Carbon Bleu



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment