Friday 2 August 2013

Something Japanese: Biore Aqua Rich BB Cream review



When I was adding this BB cream by the Japanese brand Biore to my cart I knew I was not to expect any coverage. Yet, I'm a great fan of the brand for suncare so I picked this one as an alternative to my trusty Biore Aqua Rich Watery Essence, just to see what it's like.



I have no idea why this product is called a BB cream because the only thing that it has in common with a BB cream is its high SPF, otherwise I see no resemblance to any BB cream I've tried, and believe I've tried many, both by Korean and Western brands. 


The product comes in a rather small tube with a nozzle. The substance inside is of a whitish beige shade, which is completely transparent when blended. We're not talking sheer coverage here, we're talking no coverage at all. I think the tint is just a gimmick or a neutraliser of white cast which is normally present in sunscreen, but it does absolutely nothing as far as evening out the skin tone is concerned.

BB creams offer also many skincare benefits, while I don't think this BB cream does. I can't read Japanese, but when I use the cream I don't feel my skin is pampered in any way. I suppose it does have anti-wrinkle properties, but only due to its high sunscreen factor.

When reading this reviewv so far you might come to a conclusion that I don't like the product. Quite the contrary! It's a wonderful sunscreen for the face! It's lightweight, it's not quite runny but when blended it turns to a watery substance which absorbs immediately leaving my face almost completely matte, yet not dry. It's a perfect sunscreen to use in the summer heat. I used it during my holiday, this sunscreen first of all protected me from sunburns, secondly, mattified my skin. This BB cream serves as an excellent base for further make-up, or, as I've said, sun protection on beach holiday when you don't want to wear any make-up that would melt off your face.

All in all, I'm a big fan of Biore sunscreens, and even though I don't understand why this particular product is called a BB cream, I still love it as my face sunscreen for the summer.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment