Thursday 1 August 2013

Bourjois Bronzing Primer review


Bourjois Bronzing Primer is one of the most raved about drugstore products of this summer. It's often compared to Chanel Bronze Universel, which I don't have, but I've swatched it in Sephora, and the only similartiy I see is that these are the only two cream bronzers in the pan on the market and both are marketed as primers or bases. However, the texture, the application and blendability are totally different.  


So what is a bronzing primer?
It's a soft, jelly-like subtance which comes in a fairly small jar. You may use your fingers to apply it, but I prefer synthetic brushes of different shapes and sizes, depending on how I use the product.
This product comes in one shade, which is supposed to match all skin types. It looks scary dark and orangey in the pan, but it blends out beautifully, leaving only a touch of glow all over the face.
I've used this product in three ways, each single on satisfied me greatly.
First of all, according to the manufacturer's instructions, I threated this as a primer and applied it all over my face over a moisturiser. It worked pretty well on my oily skin, leaving a sort of matte, yet glowy kind of finish. Didn't settle in the pores and worked as a lightweight tinted primer. On good skin days this could be left just like this or followed with a sheer foundation or a BB Cream. High coverage foundation would erase this sunkissed glow from the face.
The second way was to use it as a bronzer, over foundation, focussing on the areas where the sun would hit the face. This served pretty well to adjust a foundation which I use in winter to my summer skin tone.
And the final way was to contour using this bronzer. I applied it with a smaller tapered brush in the hollows of my cheeks, blended out slightly and achieved the most natural, non-obvious and non-dramatic result.


I absolutely love this bronzer, I've been reaching for it every single day since it arrived at my doorsteps.
It's easy to use, works well with my skin type and tone and smells chocolatey. What else do I need?
I probably won't repurchase cause I'm not going to order it on ebay again, but if it's available in Poland, who knows? In the meanwhile I'm tempted to try the Chanel counterpart out to see how they compare.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.




No comments:

Post a Comment