Saturday 17 August 2013

Garnier Ambre Solaire No Streaks Bronzer exfoliating glove & applicator mitt review


This year I thought I'd perfect the way I use my self tan so I got this self-tan kit by Garnier.
It consists of an exfoliating glove and an applicator mitt.


The glove is nothing to write home about. It's the kind of glove you can get for a couple of pennies from any drugstore, often added to some purchases as a freebie. It helps to exfoliate the skin and thus prepare it for the use of self tannner. I prefer sugar scrubs or other, but this is prefect when travelling. Small, weightless and handy. Does its job pretty well.


The mitt, however, is a discovery of the year. It's not the most ergonomically-shaped mitt in the world, I've seen other bloggers use St. Tropez one which seems to fit the shape of a hand much better. This one is a simple pouch with one fleece side, protected from the inside by a sort of plastic lining, which prevents leaking and staining your hands and also reduces the amount of product soaked up by the mitt itself.

I use the mitt to apply my St Tropez mousse and the results are amazing. I just apply a ball of foam onto the mitt and then massage my legs and other parts of body using no particular method of application. I can't explain how this works but I never get any streaks and the tan looks most natural.

The mitt is easy to wash and, being made of synthetic fibres, dries quickly.

The only thing I don't quite like is the shape of the mitt. It kind of slides off my hand and sideways. The other mitts I've seen on offer have a kind of 'lollipop' shape, narrow at the bottom and wide and round at the top and I believe they could be more comfortable to use.

However, I can't really complain for the price I've paid. This thing, or one by another brand, is an indispensable accessory for anyone who uses self tanners. If mine starts showing symptoms of wear and tear I'll probably pick one by Fake Bake or St. Tropez, but for the time being it's perfect!


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment