Monday 12 August 2013

Made in Poland: Inglot AMC Eyeliner Gel #93 review

Inglot Eyeliner Gel #93

I've never been a fan of Inglot gel eyeliners as they always seemed drying and gooey to me, but when I was the new additions to the previous matte range I immediately knew I needed to try some of them out. 
There are 4 or 5 new shades which are marketed as eyeliner gels but they differ substantially from the previous range.


Inglot Eyeliner Gel #93
First of all the previous gel liners were all matte, the new line is all shimmer. The texture is also way softer and smoother, that's why I bought shade no.93 to use as an eyeshadow base, not an eyeliner. You can use this as an eyeliner, but the shade is too light to line the eyes for more definition.

Inglot Eyeliner Gel #93

The product comes in a flat little jar, sealed securely to protect it from drying during the storage time, which is perfect cause a numbers of eyeliners I bought (eg.ELF) were dry before I even used them first time.

Inglot Eyeliner Gel #93

Shade no.93 is very hard to describe. In the shop I thought I was buying a mid-toned silver. However, in broad daylight it turned out to be a greige taupe, which sometimes leans more beige, sometimes I even notice purple undertones.

The texture is unusually smooth, smoother than my Make Up For Ever cream eyeshadows and blends like heaven. The staying power is incredible. I found it impossible to remove the swatches using soap and water, frantically trying to rub this thing off my hand. It gave in only after I pulled out heavy duty artillery in the form of an oil based make-up remover, which I normally use to take off my eye make-up.

I haven't been using this eyeliner/eyeshadow for a long time so I cannot say anything about how it performs after a couple of months' time. If the performance level decreases, I'll keep you updated. For the time being, this is perfect. For a fraction of the price you get a superior quality eyeshadow base. There's one more shade I'm planning to get, but it seems strangely reminiscent of Maybelline Color Tattoo in On and On Bronze, which I have. I'll need  to compare swatches before I make my purchase. 

Inglot Eyeliner Gel #93




Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment