Tuesday 27 August 2013

Maybelline Master Drama Chromatics Khol eyeliner in Purple Light review


Maybelline Master Drama Chromatics Khol eyeliner in Purple Light

I spotted this pencil among other items constituting Maybelline summer collection which launched in Poland pretty late as for a summer collecion. I got some promo info about it at the end of July. I got hooked by the coloured mascaras, which will be reviewed later, but while in the shop I spotted this Master Drama Chromatics Khol liner in Purple Light.
I had no previous experience with Maybelline eyeliners, except the horrible Master Smoky shadow-pencil, so I didn't quite know what to expect. Fortunately, this pencil turned out to be one of my favourite pencils ever. 
It's not as difficult to find a cheap high quality eyeliner as it was before. A couple of years ago Urban Decay and Make Up For Ever ones set up standards for eyeliners, while nowadays you've got plenty options to choose from. I really love my eyeliners by Sephora and Rimmel and now Maybelline Master Drama has joined the club.  
This pencil is exactly what I want my eyeliner to be. It's supersoft, it glides on my lashline effortlessly, it's so pigmented that the line it leaves is true to the colour of the pencil when swatched, messing it up with the eyeshadow on my lid doesn't turn the pencil to stone and affect its performance. And once it sets it won't budge.
The only thing that drugstore pencils usually lack in comparison to the aforementioned 24/7s by Urban Decay is colour range. This bright purple pencil with chromatic shimmer and shine makes a nice diversion from the rule. I find the shade very pretty and unique and it's a great addition to my pencil collection. 

The only regret I have about this product is that it's so soft that you need to be extra careful not to break the tip off, which happened to me a couple of times. If this is the price I have to pay for the incredible softness and no-tug factor, I'm ready to bear it.

Excellent stuff, desperately need more master dramas as long as they come in such unique shades!
Maybelline Master Drama Chromatics Khol eyeliner in Purple Light





Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment