Saturday 3 August 2013

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters in Berry Smoothie #050 and Red Velvet #040 review


Having used up my previous Revlon lip butter completely and still being in love with the formula, I felt entitled to get a couple more, since they first of all make my favourite lip balm to wear around the house, and secondly make a gorgeous go-to lipstick. 


One of the two shades I picked up was Berry Smoothie #050, which is quite on the sheer side, you can see one coat in the lip swatch below, but you can build it up go achieve my-lips-but-better kind of look.
The shade itself is a kind of warm-toned  pinky nude, which will flatter all skin types. 
It's wonderfully moisturising and looks very pretty in everyday situations.


By the time I'm writing the review, I've already used this one up completely. The only reason why I won't repurchase this particular shade is that I'd like to explore the shade range further, and therefore pick another shade, but otherwise it's perfect.


The second shade I picked up is Red Velvet. This shade is unavailable in Poland, so I had to order it online without swatching it first. I'd heard a lot about this shade before I bought it and I knew it would be as pigmented as a lipstick, but I didn't realise this would be that dark. 
I really love the pigmentation and the comfort of wear and the general quality of this product, yet the shade is simply too dark for my complexion. A couple of years back I'd actually enjoy this sort of vampy-goth kind of look, while now it simply looks ageing on me. 
Objectively speaking, the shade is gorgeous. It's a dark burgundy red with slight brown undertones. It's very pigmented and shiny, it fades very evenly without leaving the inner part of your lips pale and the outer rim dark. 
EDIT: I've started combining Red Velvet with brighter shades eg. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Cherish and it looks quite pretty.

All in all, in spite of the fact that I picked the wrong shade, Revlon Lip Butters remain my favourite lip balms ever. As I've said, I'm going to pick a new shade every time I use one up. 




Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.








No comments:

Post a Comment