Thursday 8 August 2013

St. Tropez Bronzing Mousse review


I am fair, but my upper half of the body tans quite easily in the summer, and even though I usually wear some kind of sunscreen, my face, neck and arms never look ghostly white. My legs are another story. For many years I hated their whiteness so much that I wore jeans or long dresses all summer long not to demonstrate their stark white shade.
Self-tanners have liberated my legs, though finding a perfect one is a difficult task. Every year I make a point of trying out something different, and this year countless positive reviews of St. Tropez self tanners lured me to get their Bronzing Mousse.

The self tan comes is a white bottle with a dispenser pump which produces thin foam of weirdly khaki colour. This tint definitely helps distribute the product evenly, and once the self tan hits my skin the shade turns more reddish brown, and later on turns to pleasantly golden brown tan with no orange tones. Very pretty. The tanner dries completely within a minute or so, immediately makes the skin look lightly tanned and the full tan develops within a couple of hours. I always use a mitt to apply the product and I achieve streak-free tan, the only issue being darker colour under my knees.

The self tan has a very pleasant floral smell in the bottle and the unpleasant smell of self tan on the skin is minimal.

This product is almost perfect, but unfortunately not without flaws. 
The first thing I noticed about this self tan is that it doesn't last very long on my skin. The color fades substantially within a day so when you reapply the following morning/evening, instead of building the colour, you sort of apply from the beginning. When going away for the weekend I didn't pack the self tan with me, just prepped my legs one night before my departure, next day they were almost as pale as nature had made them.
The second thing is that the packaging leaks. Fortunately the bottle was sealed tightly during the shipping, but later on it messed my cosmetic bag when I decided to travel with it.

All in all, this is one of the best self tans I've used, though instead of repurchasing this particular one, I'd rather explore the brand further.  



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment