Saturday 28 September 2013

Chanel Le Blush Creme de Chanel in #65 Affinite review


This year has marked the appearance of a large number of cream to powder blushes on the cosmetic market. I have oily skin and the typical cream blushes didn't work for me and I've always stayed away from them, but the cream to powder ones are quite another story.


I'm generally drifting away from the more pigmented blushes and I'm experimenting with the paler ones so I actually wanted to get the fairest one out of the six Chanel shades, but it was sold out. So I got #65 Affinite instead.
The blush comes in a lovely compact, which is smaller and leaner than the regular Chanel Joues Contraste box. The shade of the blush was hard to photograph, as you can see below in different lighting conditions my camera picked different tones. I would describe the shade as slightly coraly, bright pink. The blush is very pigmented, so do be careful or else you'll end up looking like a clown.
I like the formula very much and I feel it's much easier to work with than the typical creamy one. Although the blush looks and feels like a cream blush in the pan, it turns to powder while blending. There's no greasy shine or glow. It seems to me fingers are the best applicators here, they buff the product well into the skin and allow controlled application, cause, as I've said, the blush is easy to exaggerate with.
I feel it also performs better than the typical cream blushes, looks less streaky on my cheeks and I don't notice bald patches.
This is not the longest-wearing blush in my collection, but it lasts on my cheeks for 5-6 hours, which I find pretty satisfactory.

All in all, I'm excited about this new formula of cream-to-powder blushes and I'm planning to get some more. I hope Chanel bring out some more shades to choose from in the future. 


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.





No comments:

Post a Comment