Monday 9 September 2013

My summer faves


As the summer of 2013 draws to an end, I think it's time to sum it up in terms of cosmetics I reached for most often. This year we were surprised by a neverending spell of hot and sunny weather, which put spending holidays in hot countries to question. This weather also influenced my mood and consequently the kind of products I reached for most often.


On my face I used mattifying and long lasting products which contained high SPF, Dr Brandt CC cream, Guerlain BB cream and Jouer matte tinted moisturiser were definitely my favourites. Under my eyes I usually reached for my Dior BB eye cream which offered not only skincare benefits, but also an SPF, I also loved my Maybelline Age Rewind concealer.
For bronzer I used the ingenious cream bronzer by Bourjois, and NYX blush in Taupe to contour.
My favourite mattifying powder was Skinfood Peach Sake translucent white powder, and for nice summer glow I reached for Chanel Les Beiges powder or Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder.
I surprised myself with the number of cream blushers I used. I loved Estee Lauder Pure Color Cheek Blush for its lasting power, Bourjois and Too Cool For School cream blushes for the sheer was of colour they offered, and The Balm Instain for pigmentation and long-lasting results.
I used a number of setting sprays, Urban Decay All-nighter seemed to be the most-loved one. 



On my eyes I used a combination of cream and powder products to make my make-up last all day. 
I never applied anyrhing on my lids without priming them with my trusty Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Colourwise, I mixed earthy neutrals with a pop of really bright colour. I used a number of Maybelline Color Tattoos or MAC Paint Pots or jumbo pencils by Sephora and Rimmel as bases, then applied some taupe browns (NYX Butt naked palette suited the purpose best and accompanied me on all my trips, but I also often reached for taupes by Sephora and Clarins). Then I lined my upper or bottom lashline with blue, purple or turquoise liner (Rimmel Scandaleyes were definitely my favourites in this area). I also loved my blue gel eyeliner by Physicians Formula.
On my lashes I used a waterproof mascara, the one I happened to have was Maybelline Rocket Volum waterproof, or a water resistant one like Clump Crusher by Covergirl.


On my lips I also sported a number of bright colours. It surprised myself how much I loved my Maybelline Color Whisper lipstick, which is not me at all. I also loved the Jelly Pong Pong crayon I got in one of Glossyboxes, Chanel lip gloss in Jalousie and YSL Vernis a Levres.


Quite obviously, floral scents appealed to my senses. I sprayed DKNY Fresh Blossom and Kenzo Couleur all over my body all the time.


My skincare comprised many more items than those in the picture above, however the ones I'd like to mention represent my picks for summer. 
Bioderma Sebium Mat helped me combat shine in hot weather, Biore Aqua protected me from sun burns, Korres Wild Rose eye cream did the same job for my eye area, Bioderma micellar solution  kept impurities at bay.
And on my legs I used St Tropez bronzing mousse, which, although not perfect, did a very good job faking tan on my legs.





No comments:

Post a Comment