Friday 20 September 2013

project empties #3


It's time for another empties post!  Much of the stuff I've used up is summer-related and some items have been with me for ages!


Let's start with skincare:
my kids and I have used up Biore UV Mild sunscreen. We all loved this stuff, it applied and absorbed so easily and Adam, who suffers from skin allergies, never showed symptoms of being allergic to Biore.
Scottish Fine Soaps Oatmeal Body Butter would have received a HG status in my bathroom if it wasn't mineral oil based. 
Tolpa Dermo Face Strefa T is a mattifying cream by a Polish pharmacy brand. Excellent stuff, smells gorgeous, mattifies well while keeping skin moisturised. Sold in aluminium tubes like an ointment, which are meant to preserve sensitive ingredients better.
Lierac Energsing Smoothing Fluid was a lovely, lightweight treat for my face, unfortunately only in sample size.
Biotherm Aquasource gel was a great source of moisture for sun-drenched skin. I loved the gel consistency and primer-like finish it gave to my skin.
Nivea lip butter is my favourite lip balm of all times. No essential oils to irritate my throat, no dryness after the product absorbed. I will definitely repurchase once I've used up the lip balms that were sent to me in Glossyboxes.


My make-up empties are not always empties in the strict sense. My NYX single eyeshadow in True Taupe got shattered and I incidentally threw the contents out not realising it got THAT smashed. Pity, cause this was my favourite crease shade and I used it daily.
The other not-exactly-empty product was the Smashbox Photo Finish Targeted Primer, which was simply off. I didn't like this stuff at all and I didn't use it. Now came the time for this product to make its way to the bin.
Guerlain Champs Elysees is another oldie in my empties box. I loved it when I bought it, then, its evident rosiness put me off for years, this summer I rediscovered the fragrance and found it rather nice and refreshing. 
The blue mascara by Chanel turned out to be such a disappointment. Not only did it dry out pretty fast, but also the tube seemed half empty from the start. The brush didn't pick the product from the tube well, or it was never there from the start. The only good things about the mascara were the shade and the fact that it I did actually swim wearing it and it never smudged or budged.

Nars Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in New Lover and Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey seemed such lovely summery shades to go that I used them daily when taking the kids out to the playground or to the beach.

There's also one hair product in my empties box. This is the travel size John Frieda Luxurious Volume spray which really does add volume to fine and flat-looking hair, while being totally undetectable when you touch your hair. Excellent stuff. Now I'm using a John Frieda Luxurious Volume Mousse, which is also very good, but I somehow feel the spray did a better job on fine hair like mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment