Tuesday 22 October 2013

Benefit Rockateur blush review


Benefit makes some of the best blushes in the world. They are beautifully packaged, smell lovely and above all are easy to apply, blend and wear.
No wonder that the new release by the brand caught my attention. 
When I went to see it in Sephora I was initially put off by the amount of shimmer I saw in the box. Swatched with a finger the blush seemed very sheer and resembled a highlight. So I let it go.
Then I read that that this gold sheen is just an overspray, which disappears to reveal a more pigmented and less shimmery blush, so I took advantage of 20% off  offer at Sephora and grabbed it! 


Rockateur quickly won my heart and turned out to be one of the two most often reached for blushes this autumn.
The shade of the blush is just perfect for the season. It's a kind of peach colour, but very calm and muted, almost on the verge of being a bronzer or a contour shade. Yes, this blush is shimmery, but does not make my cheeks look like metal plates. This blush is not madly pigmented, but it's not invisible on a pale complexion like mine. It gives me the control I want over the application.
I like to apply this blush on my cheekbones rather than on the apples of my cheeks as it both livens up my compexion and shapes and contours my face.
The beautiful packaging undeniably decides about the level of my satisfaction with the product. Fortunately Benefit is consistent with their blush packaging, making these cute little cardbord boxes their signature product. This time the box catches the eye with its pretty lace print. The blush comes with a brush, which with each new release gets more and more useful, and I found myself reaching for this brush surprisingly often.
Inside the blush looks like a glowing mosaic with the word 'rock' embossed in the middle.  
Like all Benefit blushes, Rockateur has a nice and distinct fragrance.  

There isn't much more to say. Thumbs up, Benefit!




Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment