Saturday 19 October 2013

Benefit Stay Flawless 15-hour primer review




Benefit Stay Flawless !5-hour Primer is a new release which has taken the blogging world by storm. I love Benefit and I'm always on the lookout for a primer that would solve my complexion problems, so I thought I'd try this one out.  


As is the case with many Benefit products, the packaging is more than lovable. The primer comes in a stick form (I've never used a stick primer before) with a cute polka dot cap.
The product inside looks like a foundation more than a primer due to its peachy shade, but once applied it turns out to be sheer and imperceptible on the skin. You are supposed to glide this stick directly onto the skin and apply your foundation straight after to blend them together on your face.

Unlike other primers, Stay Flawless hardly promises anything. It isn't supposed to mattify or keep your oilies at bay, it's not meant to conceal pores or make your foundation apply more smoothly. The only thing it promises to do is make your foundation last. 

So, does it?
The thing is that I have oily skin and what makes my foundation break down is, quite obviously, my oilies, therefore my primary expectation about primers is keeping my face matte. This one doesn't. I must say that I've been using this primer religiously every day for a month or so and I haven't noticed any improvement in the performance of my foundations. My foundations are generally long-lasting and their performance depends mostly on how good they are at controlling oil production. If my primer doesn't do anything to reduce sebum production, my foundation will not last even a minute longer.
So, unfortunately, this is a miss for me.

I cannot say how this primer works on dry to normal skin. I think it might actually make foundation cling to your face better. 
For me it is uuseless.



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.









No comments:

Post a Comment