Wednesday 30 October 2013

got 2 b straight on 4 days heat activated straightening spray review



This is the last time I've bought anything from Schwarzkopf got2b line. Our relationship is definitely over. There are millions of other amazing products out there, so what's the point of exploring the line further?


I do admit that two main reasons why I got this particular product was the packaking and the fact that I was on a budget, hoping to find a drugstore product that would protect my hair during heat styling and keep it straight during the day. It turns out that this product is a failure in both respects.

There's no denying that the electric purple bottle with orange dispenser looks really cute and looks fun on the bathroom shelf. Unfortunately, the dispenser produces such huge drops as if it was a shower. No matter how many times I spray, my hair turns instantly soaking wet, which is a disaster when I use a round brush, cause the drying process of such wet hair takes ages, the situation is even worse when I use this thing to protect my hair from the effects of using a flat iron.You're not supposed to iron wet hair, are you?

All right, the dispenser's crappy. But does this straightening spray work?
No.
It says on the packaging that this heat-activated product will keep your hair straight and smooth for four days (or till the next wash). It does not protect my hair from humidity of any kind. A drizzle or sweating at night turns my hair back to its curly nature and the spray does nothing to prevent that. 
What's more this stuff makes my freshly ironed hair look flat and sort of greasy directly after washing (my hair is dry, mind you), but that's clearly the result of lack of control over how much of the product is sprayed on my hair.

The product doesn't last for a long time. Spraying too much of the product at one go leads to its quick consumption. I managed to use up about half of the bottle in two weeks' time and I wash my hair every 2-3 days.

What I really liked is the fruity-floral smell of the product, which is strong and pleasant but disappears quickly and does not interfere with my perfume.



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment