Saturday 26 October 2013

Origins GinZing refreshing eye cream review



This post could be entitled Youtube or Blogger made me buy it. There's so much hype about GinZing eye cream by Origins that I felt I had to try it out without reading anything about it. If I had, I would have known this cream wasn't meant for me.



It says on the packaging that this wake-up cream visibly diminishes dark circles, bags and puffiness around the eyes, making you look more fresh and alive.
Well, neither of these concerns is my particular vice. All right, perhaps some bags when I'm tired. My main problem is dry undereye which wrinkles prematurely due to the dryness (and unhealthy lifestyle, which I stubbornly refuse to change, as well). Origing GinZing does nothing to alleviate this issue. It's very lightweight and it applies very smoothly and my eye area seems pretty well-moisturised at first. But once the cream is absorbed, my undereye feels dry and looks wrinkled.




What's more, it doesn't say anywhere on the box that this cream brightens and possibly diminishes dark circles by making the eye area glow due to the content of particles which look like mother-of-pearl or a liquid highlighter. It might work well for girls in their early twenties, (not sure of that, though) but for anybody older highlighting your eye area is not the best idea. This irridescent effect might be toned down if you use a matte concealer, but still I think there's too much glow.

The picture below shows a surprisingly long list of ingredients, which contains a large number of natural ones, which is of course very good. The scent of the product seems natural, yet not unpleasant.

I believe when buying this cream I made an uninformed purchase. I got a product which matched neither my age bracket nor my skin's needs. I'm not discouraged from expoloring the brand further, I just need to be more careful when picking products to buy.



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.



No comments:

Post a Comment