Saturday 23 November 2013

Dior 5 couleurs Mystic Metallics eyeshadow palette in Bonne Etoille review


I was mesmerised by Dior Bonne Etoile palette from the first moment I saw it. It appealed to me with the unique shade selection and with simply with the gorgeous stars embossed on the shadows themselves. I don't quite know why Dior has decided to release this as a part of their autumn collection as the product screams Christmas to me. Those mystic blues and greens those sparklly glitters and those stars everywhere around... 

It took me a while to get hold of the palette. It was lost in transit in the first place, then it took almost a month to arrive and now it's here with me.
I am a huge fan of Dior 5-couleurs palettes and I own quite a large collection of these. They're all lovely combinations of eyeshadows which blend heavenly well, but they display a hit-or-miss kind of pigmentation and don't last on my lids for as long as other eyeshadows do. And this exactly is the case with Bonne Etoile as well.
I have hooded, oily lids, but since I discovered good quality eye primers the problem of creasing and fading literally ceased to exist. I wear eyeshadows for 14 hours or more every day and they hardly ever show signs of creasing. Unfortunately all Dior eyeshadows perform well for maximum 8 hours. This is a decent wear time, but substantially shorter than other, even the cheap drugstore ones.
The pigmentation and the texture of the shadows differs in this palette, the drier ones perform longer, while the more buttery ones tend to break up and migrate towards the crease.


The shade in the top left corner is the one of the best quality in the palette. It's a beautiful khaki green with golden shimmer. I love this shade, but it doesn't suit my complexion well, so unfortunately this is the one I don't wear at all.
In the top right corner, there is a light taupe shade with metallic finish. Insanely shimmery and will be most appropriate during the coming festive season. I used it as a blending colour on my usual work day and felt it was definitely over the top. Looks great in the inner corner.
In the centre we find a khaki brown  eyeshadow with golden shimmer. Although this one feels dry and is not as buttery as the other ones, it's the longest-lasting one in the collection.
My absolute favourite eyeshadow is the one in the bottom left corner  of the palette. It's a mystic shimmery teal shade which may lean more blue or green, depending on what other eyeshadows it's paired with.
And in the bottom right corner is a very pretty irridescent mint green eyeshadow, which reads more yellow on my skin than it looks in the pan. Unfortunately, this one is very sheer and very hard to dig out of the pan. You really need to scratch hard to get anything on the brush and return to the pan a countless number of times to get any colour pay off. Pity, cause it's such a nice and unique shade.


All in all, this is a beautiful palette, but I can't see myself reaching for it quite as often as I thought I would.

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment