Saturday 16 November 2013

L'Oreal Mat Magique foundation #03 Sand Review


Having oily skin means less wrinkles and no skin discomfort, but also constant search for products that could possibly help reduce sebum production and make your make-up last longer. 
When I saw L'Oreal Mat Magique foundation, swatched it in the shop, I thought it might be my Holy Grail drugstore foundation. As it was on some discount offer, I grabbed it immediately and took home with me.
Imagine my surprise when I browsed the net to find any info about the foundation and it turned out that this foundation wasn't sold anywhere except Eastern European or Balkan countries. 
I have strong suspicions that this foundation is meant to get rid of whatever was left in stock of the L'Oreal mousse mat foundation which was sold in jars a couple of years ago. I don't have that foundation and I don't remember it ever entering the Polish market, but I might be wrong.  


So, on to the proper review. 
The shade I picked (#03 Sand) is a very decent match for my skin in winter. A bit too yellow, but nothing too dramatic.
The foundation is very lightweight, both in the tube and on the skin. It has a mousse or whipped cream consistency, which when swatched on my hand applies like a dream. It makes my skin feel as smooth as if I've used a silicone-based primer, and it gives a gorgeous velvet matte finish.
However, on my face this foundation doesn't look so nice. I mean, the finish is all right, but the foundation immediately settles in the pores and makes my face look like it's dotted with tiny light beige points. Since most of the foundation just sits in the pores, whatever is left after filling the pores in completely just slides off my face. The coverage, therefore, is not high and it's fairly uneven and patchy.
The finish is indeed matte, so matte that it accentuated all dry spots, which I don't even have. 


But that's not all. I would accept this patchiness and migration into pores if the matte effect lasted at least for a couple of hours. Unfortunately, my face stays quite uncomfortably matte and tight for like half an hour and then my oilies break through with quadruple intensity and all this stuff on my face turns into oily goo which swirls around at the slightest touch and massively transfers onto my mobile. Blotting with blotting papers removes most of the product and patting with powder makes it go cakey. 
Rare are the occassions when my products land in bins. I usually try to find other uses for them or give them to people who might be happy having such products, but this time I got rid of this thing as soon as I got it.

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment