Thursday 14 November 2013

Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner #10 Ultra Violet review


If you are regular readers of my blog, you'll notice that I don't often give negative opinions. Some products don't work for me, which doesn't mean they don't work for other people. I also tend to make conscious choices and use products I've read or heard about. Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner is one of such products, and I must say it turned out to be one of the greatest disappointments of the year. 


Instead of picking the shade that everyone does, meaning black, I went for  #10 Ultra Violet. When it arrived, I loved everything about the product.
It comes in a gorgeous matte glass jar with a metal lid. It looks so cute and classy that it leaves the competition behind as far as packaging is concerned. 
Apart from the product itself, you also get a brush, which is not the best I have, but I find it quite handy.


The shade of the eyeliner didn't disappoint. It's a darkened violet purple, which doesn't turn blackish or muddy on the lid. It offers a nice pop of colour, but nothing too crazy. This is not the most opaque liner ever and needs to be layered to achieve the vibancy desired, but the final result is pretty satisfactory. The product was waterproof and smudgeproof and lasted pretty much all day.


However, a couple months later, meaning 2 or 3, this product started drying out and turned into a clumpy mess. It didn't separate from the edges or show other characterictic symptoms of drying out but it simply turned useless. 

The pictures below show how much product I've used up within 3 months and what lines I can draw now, using the product.

Clumpy goo sticks to the brush and produces lines nobody wants on their eyes.




I'm utterly disappointed, especially that many people mention Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liners as their best liners of all times. Perhaps the black one is different, but I'm not going to experiment any further.




Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.



2 comments:

  1. Aw that's really too bad that yours dried up so quickly! :(

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete