Sunday 10 November 2013

October faves

I don't do many 'faves' posts. The reason is that I don't tend to stick to one or two picks throughout the month. But this time it is different. 
There's a number of products I absolutely loved and used religiously in October, and I still do.

On my face, instead of my morning face cream, I used Diorskin Nude BB cream, which offers the most gorgeous glowing skinlike skin, and under my eyes I applied NARS Creamy Radiance Concealer, preceded by my Emu Moisturising Eye Cream, which prevents my skin from feeling dry during the day. Amazing budget find! 

Urban Decay Shattered Face palette turned out to be one of the best picks this season. I love every single eyeshadow in the palette and Overexposed is one of the two most often used blushes this autumn.

I apply the shadows with my brand new Zoeva crease and blending brushes, the quality of which made my jaw drop. Superior quality for drugstore kind of money. I'm sure my collection of these beushes is going to expand soon!

To line my eyes I reached for Kryolan Cream Liner, which is one of the best cream liners I've ever used. It's pitch black, easy to use and still fresh after almost a year of being in use. It does seem dried out as it;s cracked in the middle, but this doesn't affect the performance at all.

On my cheeks, apart from the aforementioned Overexposed blush by Urban Decay, you could see Benefit Rockateur blush, which offers lovely autumnal glow I really enjoy.

This autumn season I rocked all shades of wine on my lips and Clinique Chubby Stick in Grandest Grape turned out to be my absolute favourite. It's such a lovely saturated burgundy shade, which looks equally  good when layered for opacity and fades after a couple of hours.

On my nails I wore matching burgundy and purplish shades. The polishes that impressed me most were China Glaze Red-y & Willing (deep burgundy shimmer), and Don't Make Me Wine (purple burgundy shimmer) and Nails Inc Gel Effect Polish in Kensington High Street (burgundy cream). All of them beautiful polishes of excellent quality.

As every year, this autumn I set out to search for a warm, woody fragrance to wrap myself in and I found perfection in the the new perfume by Armani, Si. It's slightly floral at first, but then turns chypre and musky (my favourite scents ever) and lingers on my body and clothes for ever. 
The same thing can be said about Soap&Glory Righteous Butter Body Lotion. It smells kind of vintage, but both I and Mr Hubby adore it! I use it after my bedtime bath and I wake up in the morning still smelling nice. Excellent stuff, love Soap&Glory and this scent is my favourite so far.



No comments:

Post a Comment