Monday 30 December 2013

Essie After Sex nailpolish review

Essie After Sex - 2 coats + Seche Vite top coat

Since New Year's Eve is nearing, I'd like to write a post about nail polish which is absolutely suitable for all festive occassions. 

I have recently fallen in love with Essie After Sex nail polish. 
I was never a fan of Essie as the brush was long, thin and feeble, but to my surprise this one has a short, thick, flat, rounded brush that reminds me of a beaver's tail. This brush made the application easier than ever, especially that the formula was just right, neither too thick nor too runny, so it was possible to achieve a fully opaque, streakless colour in two coats.

The shade seems nothing out of the ordinary, yet I don 't seem to have any dupes for it. I'd describe it as light burgundy red or raspberry shimmer, without the milkiness fresh fruit tend to have.

This is a lovely polish that would suit many skin types and look good both on everyday and festive occassions. I bought it on a 50% off offer and consider it one of the best buys of  December. 


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.





No comments:

Post a Comment