Thursday 30 January 2014

Avene Cleanance Lotion review


I have oily shin, which I hydrate well before going to sleep, but during the day I like to use a good matifying moisturiser to keep my oilies at bay for longer. I thought Avene Cleanance Lotion would be one of these, but it wasn't.

The first problem is the discrepancy between the translations of the products designation. I ordered this product online from a Polish pharmacy online store and it said in the description box that this is a matifying product that helps to control sebum. And this is what the English and French versions say as well. But it also says in French that this cream is for young. problematic complexions, and in English it's supposed to be a moisturiser for oily, blemish prone skin. 

Anyway, the cream has thick, balm-like consistency, which is rather hard to spread and takes time to absorb, which is something I cannot afford in the morning rush. I would say that this creams gives my face a rather glowy  look instead of the matte one I'm longing for. 
I didn't notice any sebum controlling properties at all. There's a theory that if you matify your skin too much it produces twice as much oil to compensate for what you've stripped it off. Not in my case. I've tried both methods and the only difference I've noticed is that when I use a matifying moisturiser, my skin starts looking oily after 2-3 hours and when I use a highly moisturising cream, my face shines right away. And the latter is the case with Avene Cleanance Lotion.

I think I bought a product that is not for me. I believe this is a perfect cream for those of us who are undergoing acne treatment which leaves their skin extremely dry. I'm sure this moisturiser would long-term bring comfort to dry, acne-prone skin without causing irritation or break outs.

For me, it didn't work.


   Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment